Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
Made this and served with Chicken Friand. Delish! Tart and buttery... Bon Apetit!
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed of tough, woody stems, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 12 ounces frozen artichokes, quarters thawed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Position a rack 6 inches from the broiler element and heat the broiler on high. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the asparagus and artichokes with the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/8 teaspoons pepper. Broil until browned and tender, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until fragrant and beginning to brown, about 1-1/2 minutes. Carefully whisk in the wine (it may splatter). Toss the asparagus and artichokes with the brown butter and the lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.