Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A fat-free low-fat if cheese added favorite veggie combo which serves four generously as entree or six as a vegetable side.
Pizza Dough (for 1-1/2 lb ABM)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (ok to use all AP)
- 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- olive oil flavored cooking spray (such as Pam or Mazola)
- 1 lb broccoli, stems peeled,then cut into 1/2" pieces and florets
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes or 1 1⁄2 lbs white potatoes, peeled,diced into 1/2" pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, approx 1/2 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (more, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 tbsp fresh, finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt, divided use
- 1 cup grated low-fat cheese (I use Monterey Jack)
- low fat prepared pasta sauce (optional)
- Load ingredients for pizza dough into ABM per your manufacturer's instructions.
- Set on dough cycle.
- Remove when dough has completed second kneading.
- While dough is being processed, make calzone filling: Place peeled and diced potatoes in saucepan with desired amount of Kosher salt and steam just until tender (can be pierced easily with a fork).
- As soon as potatoes are tender, drain thoroughly and return to saucepan to "dry out" for a couple of minutes.
- Then, while still HOT, add lemon juice, basil, oregano, and garlic.
- While potatoes are steaming, place broccoli pieces in a wide saucepan.
- Sprinkle with Kosher salt to taste.
- Use a measuring cup to drizzle HOT water over top of broccoli, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cover TIGHTLY.
- When water begins to boil, immediately turn off heat, without raising lid, and broccoli will finish cooking.
- Allow broccoli to steam for about 10 minutes.
- When bread machine completes second kneading, remove dough and divide into 2 pieces, one slightly larger than the other.
- Roll the larger piece to fit the shape of your pizza peel/pan.
- Preheat oven to 450 deg F.
- Lightly spray the peel/pan with the cooking spray and place the lower crust on it.
- Gently add the broccoli to the potato/herb mixture, taking care not to "mush" broccoli.
- Spread vegetables over rolled crust on peel/pan, leaving about 1"-2" around the outer edge to fold over for seal.
- Sprinkle cheese over veggies (if using).
- Roll the smaller piece of dough into the same shape and place over potato/broccoli filling.
- Bring outer edges of lower crust up and fold over top crust to form a seal on the top, all the way around.
- Bake in preheated 450 deg oven, preferably on a pizza stone, for 15 minutes , or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve warmed pasta sauce as a topping or side, if desired.