This is a recipe that is super fast and fit into my weight watchers. It is 4 points and makes 4 servings of about 1 1/4 cups each. Ohh, By the way it really is great!!
- 1 (1 lb) bagof frozen broccoli floret
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 -4 finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon butter (or 10 servings spray butter)
- 1 cup of your favorite shredded cheddar cheese (we use Kraft Cheddar Classic Melts)
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- Place broccoli and 3/4 cup water in microwave safe dish, Microwave broccoli until fork tender (about 6 min on high).
- Meanwhile in sauce pan, saute shallots until clear.
- When clear, add flour to pan and stir until flour cooked Add broth and 1/2 cup of broccoli water and 1/4 of broccoli spears.
- Mash entire mixture with a potato masher.
- Bring to a rapid boil.
- Boil for about 3-5 minutes.
- Decrease heat, add rest of broccoli spears (whole), half and half and cheese.
- Stir until cheese melts.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy.