Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
Make these flavorful potatoes as crunchy as you like! Kids like to drown them in Ketchup and everyone is happy!
Top Review by JeannaLW
Because I took a pretty major liberty with this, I'm not going to give it a star rating, but I do want to review. I used lots of oil and stirred frequently, so all the little cubes were crispy all the way around and separated. I also used a little fresh onion. I loved the crispiness of this cooking method, but my husband didn't. Either way, were were agreed that we didn't like the oregano on these. That surprised me, because I love oregano. I'll make potatoes like this again, but I'll stick to salt and pepper.
- 4 russet potatoes
- oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium high.
- Cut potatoes in uniform, bite sized pieces. The bigger the pieces, the longer it takes, but it's well worth it!
- Coat all potatoes in oil then sprinkle on half of all the seasonings (minues the dried onion.)
- Do not touch potatoes until they are browned on one side.
- Flip potatoes over, and sprinkle the second half of the seasonings on (minues the dried onion.) Do not touch until potatoes are browned on second side.
- Add dried onions and continue flipping and cooking (you may want to lower the heat) until potatoes are evenly browned and serve hot!