Recipe by LauraTracey
Found this recipe on the internet... it called for yellow cake mix, but the butter mix adds a great taste. Tastes just like boston market! (When I made it, I used 12 muffins and 4 mini loafs)
Top Review by terirose22
I was so excited to see this recipe, as my daughter LOVES Boston Market. She mixed it together and made it herself (She's 9). After reading the other reviews, we decided to reduce the number of eggs to 4, bake them in cupcake pans, and we used a regular yellow cake mix. They were sweet but not too sweet, and the texture was just right...still moist, but they didn't fall apart if you buttered it, and it didn't lose the cornbread texture totally. That having been said, next time I will reduce the heat to 325 and bake for about 30 mins in the cupcake pans...we had several that were perfect on top, but the bottoms were overdone. Delicious, and tasted great with a bowl of homemade veggie soup!
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 5 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and mix all dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into greased cupcake pans or mini loaf pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly in the pan (until pulls away from side a bit).
- Remove from pan and serve warm.