Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another salad dressing that DH and I have been making for years. It is a variation of one by the Frugal Gourmet. We added more blue cheese. We enjoy it and hope you will too! (Jeff Smith's original recipe calls for 1/4 cup bleu cheese and 2 Tablespoons lemon juice. It is part of his Buffalo Chicken Wings recipe and comes from his 1984 book entitled The Frugal Gourmet).
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, fresh, minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a small mixing bowl combine the vinegar and milk.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes to curdle.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Serve over your favorite salad greens.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to one week.
This is really good and easy salad dressing. I followed the recipe exactly. Made for Market Tag game 07
What a great and easy to make Blue cheese dressing;I used the Light Mayo and it was perfect.Thank you Acerast for this keeper.
This is a good blue cheese dressing and it would have been even better if I hadn't used light mayo. I added more pepper and less cayenne as a personal preference. Thanks for sharing.