Recipe by jovigirl
I got this from an online recipe site - can't remember which but have it saved in Word to try. I still haven't but it sounds great! If you try it, please review it and let us all know how it is!
Top Review by Sharon123
Yum! This made a rich sauce that was so good! I added potatoes the last hour of cooking. I did use a 1 1/2 lb. roast, but full amount of sauce. I didn't have bloody mary mix, so used V8 juice. Thank you!
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 6 ounces bloody mary mix
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 8 small onions
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 22 x 18-inch piece of aluminum foil in an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Place beef in pan, and add Bloody Mary mix and wine. Sprinkle with flour, pepper, and onion soup mix. Arrange vegetables around beef. Fold foil over and seal. Bake at 350°F for 2 hours or until tender.