Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is Sara Moulton's most requested recipe. It is very good and great for afternoons when it is 5pm and I don't have a clue what is for dinner. Just a very basic but great chicken recipe.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Season with salt and pepper (or other seasonings of your choice) and place on roasting pan breast side up.
- Roast for 45 minutes, or until the juices run clear when the thigh is pricked with a skewer.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and let stand for 15 minutes.
Good basic recipe. I put bbq sauce on after cooking it and it was great.
This is one of my family's favorites but I didn't know I could cut down on the cooking time, what a great help! I use a little olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. I also stand it up on the inside part of an angel food cake pan and it comes out even better!
This really fit the bill for a last minute meal. My DD did the prep and the bird was ready to take out of the oven by the time I got home from work. I am positive I will be using this method again. I am so glad you posted, HeatherTX.