Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
perfect!!!from my friends dad ron kalenuik or "chef k"s cook book
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken meat
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 20 white pearl onions
- 4 carrots, julienned cut
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a Dutch oven or a large kettle put the chicken, stock, salt, thyme, and bay leaf, cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Add the onions and carrots continue to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove 2 cups (500 ml) of liquid. Melt the butter in a small sauce pan, add the flour and cook for 2 minutes over low heat, (do not brown it). Slowly add the 2 cups of liquid stirring until thicken.
- Whisk the lemon juice in the egg yolks. Blend into the sauce. Reheat but do not boil the sauce as this will curdle the eggs. Blend the sauce with the chicken. Stir in the cayenne. Pour into a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve over noodles or rice.
WOW!!amazing made this with double stuffed potatoes my guest said it was as good a a 5 star restaurant!!!had it with red wine 10stars from me