Recipe by Tish
Another throw it together in a bag and freeze for that day when you don't want to think about what's for dinner!
Top Review by whtbxrmom
This is supper easy to throw together for an easy dinner. I used homemade Blackberry jam that has a hint of lime in it. When asking my family what they thought, I kept hearing it was weird. Not bad, just weird. I would suggest using seedless jam. That may help with the strange texture the jam gives this.
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup blackberry jam (other jams work too!)
- 1⁄8 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- For immediate cooking: Preheat oven to 350º.
- Place all ingredients into a prepared baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear - about 45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts.
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.
- To cook from the freezer: Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear *See above cooking times.