Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another throw it together in a bag and freeze for that day when you don't want to think about what's for dinner!
- For immediate cooking: Preheat oven to 350º.
- Place all ingredients into a prepared baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear - about 45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts.
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.
- To cook from the freezer: Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear *See above cooking times.
This is supper easy to throw together for an easy dinner. I used homemade Blackberry jam that has a hint of lime in it. When asking my family what they thought, I kept hearing it was weird. Not bad, just weird. I would suggest using seedless jam. That may help with the strange texture the jam gives this.
I made this with serious reservations. Thought it would be cloyingly sweet. Not at all. The sauce was a little sweet, a little tangy. If you can handle eating purple chicken, I recommend you try it. Surprisingly delicious. I sprinkled the chicken breasts with salt and pepper after putting in the baking dish; just something I always do. Thanks Tish.
As a poor, hungry and VERY busy grad student, thank you for this recipe! To be honest, I wasn't expecting the most out of it, but wanted to find the fastest and simplest recipe for chicken thighs. To spice up the marinade a little, I added extra chili powder, a little garlic powder and tahini (it needed a bit of umame/something to balance out the flavors a bit). Without the aforementioned additions, it was a tad too sweet for my tastes. I marinaded the chicken in the sauce and dumped it all into the pan. The sauce boiled down to the perfect consistency to go atop rice. And I swear, although purists may deny this--- the sauce tasted a LOT like fesenjan to me, for a fraction the work and price!