1/1 Photo of Black Forest Cake
This is my family's favorite cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping (cool whip)
- 1 tablespoon almond flavoring
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 ounce chocolate sprinkles
- maraschino cherry
- 1Bake cake according to directions in a 9' x 13' x 2' pan.
- 2Mix pie filling and almond flavoring.
- 3While cake is still warm, poke top with fork and spread cherry pie filling over cake.
- 4While cake cooks, prepare pudding, adding extra vanilla flavoring.
- 5Fold in whipped topping.
- 6Spread pudding mixture over cake, carefully covering cherry pie filling.
- 7Decorate with chocolate sprinkles and maraschino cherries.
- 8Cover and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Forest Cake
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.9
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 577.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: