Recipe by sofie-a-toast
I went through a major bruschetta phase and tried many many recipes until I found the perfect one. This was originally Guy Fieri's but is slightly adapted to my taste after making it about a billion times. Cookingt time is marinating time.
- 1 baguette, cut in half length-wise and toasted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (I use the kind in a jar)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups minced roma tomatoes (cut so fine its almost a paste)
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, garlic, basil, vinegar, olive oil, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly and let sit for at least 15 minutes at room temperature to let the flavors marinate.
- Slice the bread into individual pieces and spoon the mixture on top.