Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here's an interesting carrot recipe -- If you can, try making it a day ahead of time & give the flavor time to develop! They do reheat well!
Top Review by Chocolatl
Like another reviewer, I left out the sugar, because I like the natural sweetness of carrots. I don't think I could have waited a day to eat these--they were delicious! I think the sauce would be good with other vegetables as well. Thanks for posting!
- 8 carrots, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, cover carrots with 1 inch of water & bring to a simmer for 10-12 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- Drain water from pan & toss carrots with remaining ingredients.
- Over low heat, stir carrots until sauce is heated through & serve.