Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's an interesting carrot recipe -- If you can, try making it a day ahead of time & give the flavor time to develop! They do reheat well!
- 8 carrots, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, cover carrots with 1 inch of water & bring to a simmer for 10-12 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- Drain water from pan & toss carrots with remaining ingredients.
- Over low heat, stir carrots until sauce is heated through & serve.
Like another reviewer, I left out the sugar, because I like the natural sweetness of carrots. I don't think I could have waited a day to eat these--they were delicious! I think the sauce would be good with other vegetables as well. Thanks for posting!
These were fantastic! My DS's have discovered they like cooked carrots and we have been trying them different ways. Both boys had seconds on these!! Made as is and would not change a thing! Made for PRMR 5/2010.
Delicious! I didn't add the sugar, because I find carrots to usually be sweet enough, and I doubled the nutmeg. Very nice change from just steamed carrots.