Prep 2 hrs 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Australian Woman’s Weekly Cookbook. I sometimes thicken sauce with a little cornflour. Prep time included 2hrs marinating.
- Cut steak into 1” slices and put into a bowl with claret to marinate 2 hours.
- Heat butter in pan, add drained steak; reserve 1/2 cup of marinade.
- Panfry steak until nearly cooked, add mushrooms with their sauce, salt and pepper.
- When steak is cooked remove, it doesn’t take long to cook.
- Add reserved marinade, simmer 1 minute, remove from heat; stir in cream and reheat gently.