Recipe by Mary Cokenour
A beef stew take on my Taste of Home recipe, "Beefy Barbecue Macaroni". From my food blog at: http://www.comfortcookadventures.com/2013/07/beans-and-beef-doesnt-always-mean-chili.html
- 1133.98 g boneless beef cubes, trimmed of fat and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 59.14 ml flour
- 354.88 ml chopped red onions
- 118.29 ml diced green bell pepper
- 236.59 ml red kidney beans
- 473.18 ml chopped tomatoes
- 538.64 g bottle barbecue sauce (hickory brown sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 4 quart crock pot with nonstick cooking spray; set on low heat. Spread beef cubes on bottom and sprinkle flour over all. Spread other ingredients out in layers: onions, bell pepper, beans and tomatoes. Pour bbq sauce on top; cover and cook for 8 hours.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, cooked pasta, rice or polenta.