Recipe by Ceezie
This came from Studio 5 and now that the weather is heating up it is time to start grilling.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This was a pretty easy recipe. I did cook the potates just a little ahead of time, so they would be done in the 35 minute cook time and they were just right. I do feel it could have a little more flavor, maybe a little seasoning or just a garlic might do it. Still love the no clean-up and will be great on the grill this summer.
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 2 small unpeeled red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place a foil sheet, approximately 12x12 inches, on a work surface. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the barbecue sauce in the center of the foil sheet. Place one chicken breast half over barbecue sauce and spread another teaspoon of sauce over chicken. Top with a quarter of the potato, bell pepper and onion. Sprinkle with a little of the salt and pepper.
- Fold foil in half to cover contents; make narrow folds along edges to seal. Repeat with remaining ingredients to assemble three more packets. Place packets on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Open foil packets with scissors and carefully pull back edges (contents may be very hot). Sprinkle a quarter of the cheese over the top of each chicken breast half and return to oven, unsealed, for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. With a spatula, transfer the contents of each packet onto individual serving plates, if desired.