Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
Found this recipe in a Cole's supermarket brochure. Sounded nice so posting here for safe keeping
Top Review by mama smurf
Wonderful!!! I toasted the pine nuts and other than that followed the recipe. We really enjoyed the red pepper flakes in the pesto. Definately a keeper. Used this in some cream sauce served over baked chicken and on top of some roasted tomatoes. Thank you for posting. Made for Aussie/NZ Swap #83.
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups basil, fresh and lightly packed
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, about 55 gm grated
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil, extra virgin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, pulse the pine nuts, garlic, salt and chilli flakes until finely chopped.
- Add the basil and parmesan and pulse about 10 times to chop the basil.
- With the motor running, gradually pour in the oil.
- Note: Make up to 1 month in advance. Store in fridge in a covered container with a layer of olive oil on top. Bring back to room temperature before using.
- Note: Cooking time is processing time in blender approximately.