Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this recipe in a Cole's supermarket brochure. Sounded nice so posting here for safe keeping
Make and share this Basil Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- In a food processor, pulse the pine nuts, garlic, salt and chilli flakes until finely chopped.
- Add the basil and parmesan and pulse about 10 times to chop the basil.
- With the motor running, gradually pour in the oil.
- Note: Make up to 1 month in advance. Store in fridge in a covered container with a layer of olive oil on top. Bring back to room temperature before using.
- Note: Cooking time is processing time in blender approximately.
Wonderful!!! I toasted the pine nuts and other than that followed the recipe. We really enjoyed the red pepper flakes in the pesto. Definately a keeper. Used this in some cream sauce served over baked chicken and on top of some roasted tomatoes. Thank you for posting. Made for Aussie/NZ Swap #83.
Aussie Swap #81: PERFECT! I used up the last of our basil in our garden to make this pesto and served this over some carrot vegetable penne - delicious!!!