- 1 loaf French bread, split horizontally
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place bread cut sides up on baking sheet. Process basil in food processor or blender until finely chopped. Add butter, oil, cheese, and garlic; process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread basil butter evenly over each bread half.
- Bake until golden, 10-12 minutes. Cut bread into 4-inch lengths and serve hot.