1 hr 10 mins
for the love of veggies's Note:
This is my absolute favorite vegetable broth. It's the broth I use in all of my soup recipes. The nutritional yeast is essential to its flavor and color. This is a variation of the recipe found in The Chicago Diner cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all the ingredients in a large pot with 3-4 quarts of water.
- 2Cover and simmer about 1 hour.
- 5You can make this recipe in the slow cooker, which I almost always do, on low for 6 hours or on high for 4.
- 6This broth freezes very well. Keep it on hand in different sized portions for any recipe that calls for stock. Simply defrost in microwave for a few minutes before adding to another recipe.
- 7You can add more vegetables and herbs, if you wish, but make sure to add more water if you increase the amount of veggies.
- 8This recipe will make about 16 cups of stock. Easily double the recipe for more.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Vegetable Broth
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14.5
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 151.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.3 g