Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my absolute favorite vegetable broth. It's the broth I use in all of my soup recipes. The nutritional yeast is essential to its flavor and color. This is a variation of the recipe found in The Chicago Diner cookbook.
- Place all the ingredients in a large pot with 3-4 quarts of water.
- Cover and simmer about 1 hour.
- You can make this recipe in the slow cooker, which I almost always do, on low for 6 hours or on high for 4.
- This broth freezes very well. Keep it on hand in different sized portions for any recipe that calls for stock. Simply defrost in microwave for a few minutes before adding to another recipe.
- You can add more vegetables and herbs, if you wish, but make sure to add more water if you increase the amount of veggies.
- This recipe will make about 16 cups of stock. Easily double the recipe for more.