Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I LOVE banana bread and this is another way to enjoy it. I had a similar treat at a health-food type restaurant in Denver. Takes only a few ingredients and five minutes to make.
- 3 eggs
- 44.37 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 loaf banana bread
- granola cereal
- sliced banana
- powdered sugar
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla with a fork. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Slice banana bread into 4 thick slices.
- Dip each slice into the egg mixture, then place in the hot pan. Cook on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with optional toppings.
Not sure if the end result depends on the banana bread but mine just tasted like warmed banana bread. I'm curious about tasting french toast made of regular bread and this recipe, esp w/ variation of the sweetened condensed milk.
What a brilliant idea, to make french toast out of banana bread!!!! Can't wait to try it. Thanks, Roxygirl.
We loved this, I had to double the recipe, I used homemade cranberry bread in place of banana bread, thanks Rox!...Kitten:)