Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Biggest Loser Dessert Cookbook. This recipe serves one but would be easy to increase. Aged balsamic would give the best flavor to this dish. Cooking and preparation time do not include the 30 minute refrigeration time.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, good quality
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- fresh basil or of fresh mint, for garnish
- Add vinegar and honey to a small to medium sized container.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Add strawberries and toss until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Toss berries again and transfer to a pretty glass or serving bowl and garnish with basil or mint.
Wow! I was amazed at how delicious this recipe was. It really enhanced the strawberries that were white on the inside. Made for Veg n Swap tag #62.
This recipe tasted fresh and cool. It paired well as a light side dish. I will be sure to prepare it again.
Yum! Love the contrast in flavor! Made for Vegetarian swap Feb. 2013.