Top Review by ChipotleChick
Excellent! I added 1/4 cup of fresh parmesan to the cracker mixture and omitted 1/4 of the oil. I also waited until after boiling them to remove the choke because it was easier. I used saltine cracker crumbs. I used chicken broth instead of the bouillion and water. The stuffing was soooo good! Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!
- 4 whole artichokes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup butter (real)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim artichokes and remove chokes. Add juice and salt to a large kettle of boiling water.
- Add artichokes and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and boil, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes or until a leaf can be pulled out easily.
- Drain artichokes upside-down on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a small bowl combine crumbs, 1/3 cup oil, garlic, oregano and pepper.
- Spoon one-fourth of the mixture into the center of each artichoke. Brush all over with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Place in an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.
- In a measuring cup combine water and bouillon; pour into bottom of baking dish.
- Bake artichokes for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- In a small saucepan over low heat melt butter. Stir for 3 to 5 minutes or just until butter begins to brown. Do not burn.
- Remove from heat; add lemon juice. Place artichokes on individual serving plates.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon lemon-butter over the top of each artichoke. Serve remaining butter separately.