Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 18 mins
Here's a delicious, fun new way to make "baked" potatoes without heating up the oven. They're perfect to throw on the grill with Beer Can Chicken, or other foods that grill a long time. From Betty Crocker Grill It! # 184 May 2002.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Gently scrub potatoes.
- Pierce potatoes several times with fork to allow steam to escape while potatoes bake.
- Pour 1-inch layer of salt in bottom of 2 disposable aluminum loaf pan, 8 1/2x 4 1/2x 2 1/2 inches.
- Place 2 potatoes in salt in each pan; pour salt over potatoes until completely covered.
- Cover and grill potatoes over medium heat 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until potatoes feel tender when pierced in center with fork.
- Carefully remove potatoes from salt.
- You can reuse the salt for grilling potatoes another time. Store in a resealable plastic food-storage bag.