Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
from lara ferroni's "tasty photos and recipes" - http://www.laraferroni.com/2010/09/16/baked-chocolate-doughnuts/
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease a doughnut or muffin tin.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda, and then whisk in the sugar, nutmeg and salt.
- Add the butter, and using your fingers, rub it into the dry ingredients until it becomes coarse crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, yogurt, vanilla and egg. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Do not overmix, or your doughnuts may be a bit rubbery.
- Fill each cup 1/2 to 3/4 full. You can do this with a spoon, but I prefer using a piping bag to fill each cup more evenly and cleanly. It’s important not to overfill, or as the doughnuts rise, you’ll lose the hole.
- Bake for 6 to 10 minutes (depending on the size of your doughnut pan), until the doughnuts spring back when touched. Let cool slightly on a wire rack before glazing. If coating in powdered sugar, let them cool even a bit more.