from lara ferroni's "tasty photos and recipes" - http://www.laraferroni.com/2010/09/16/baked-chocolate-doughnuts/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease a doughnut or muffin tin.
- 2Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda, and then whisk in the sugar, nutmeg and salt.
- 3Add the butter, and using your fingers, rub it into the dry ingredients until it becomes coarse crumbs.
- 4In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, yogurt, vanilla and egg. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Do not overmix, or your doughnuts may be a bit rubbery.
- 5Fill each cup 1/2 to 3/4 full. You can do this with a spoon, but I prefer using a piping bag to fill each cup more evenly and cleanly. It’s important not to overfill, or as the doughnuts rise, you’ll lose the hole.
- 6Bake for 6 to 10 minutes (depending on the size of your doughnut pan), until the doughnuts spring back when touched. Let cool slightly on a wire rack before glazing. If coating in powdered sugar, let them cool even a bit more.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chocolate Cake Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.3
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 134.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g