Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Prepare the marinade in 5 minutes, marinate 2 hours and then into the oven to bake – too easy! For a budget friendly family meal for 4, serve with chips, a simple salad on vegetables on the side. Preparation time does not include the two hours marinating time required. You can use a large Ziploc bag for the marinade to save on washing up if you wish to. This recipe was made using competition ingredients for Dining on a Dollar comp. For a great home-made ponzu sauce - see Homemade Ponzu Sauce #487741 (You could just make up the small amount as used in this recipe) Alternatively, I think a blend of soy sauce and lime juice would work well
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons ponzu sauce, see intro for other options (lime and citrus dressing sauce)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a large bowl (the bowl must be able to hold all 8 drumsticks).
- Add the drumsticks and ensure thoroughly coated in the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C ).
- Place chicken drumsticks in a single layer on a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes. Depending on the size of the drumstick, they may need a little longer.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving .
Love the balance of flavours. I made half a batch, but used the full amount of ponzu sauce. Served with baked potatoes, roasted tomatoes and a green salad. Good luck in the contest.
This is a great recipe. I used cut up wings (minature drummies). I love marinate recipes and
Japanese vinegars and sauces. I baked 10 minutes on each side. I served with my Oriental Almond Ponsu Slaw. The mix of the marinate flavor on the meat and the lime of the slaw was
We enjoyed the chicken prepared this way. It was quick and easy to make. Made exactly as written, it was tender, juicy and had a mild flavor. It made for a nice meal served with boiled potatoes and spicy corn. Nice use of contest ingredients, good luck in the contest.