Recipe by Kitchen__Princess
Great made as mini muffins or take as a potluck.
Top Review by Edesia
I made a few changes to make these five stars. I increased the Bailey's to milk ratio, making it half a cup each. I increased the brown sugar a tad. I used 1 packet of Starbucks Via for the instant coffee and I used 1/4 cup canola oil instead of the butter. I baked them at 400 for about 15 minutes and they were perfect. Love the powdered sugar on top.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup soft brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 60 g butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup bailey's irish cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- icing sugar, to dust tops
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Lightly grease 12 muffin tins.
- Sift together flour and baking powder into a bowl, stir in sugar and make a well in the centre.
- In a cup, dissolve instant coffee in the boiling water.
- In another bowl lightly whisk together the melted butter, Baileys, milk and eggs, and stir in instant coffee.
- Fold Baileys mixture into dry ingredients and stir quickly to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins, sprinkle with chopped walnuts and bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.