Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great made as mini muffins or take as a potluck.
Make and share this Bailey's Irish Cream and Coffee Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Lightly grease 12 muffin tins.
- Sift together flour and baking powder into a bowl, stir in sugar and make a well in the centre.
- In a cup, dissolve instant coffee in the boiling water.
- In another bowl lightly whisk together the melted butter, Baileys, milk and eggs, and stir in instant coffee.
- Fold Baileys mixture into dry ingredients and stir quickly to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins, sprinkle with chopped walnuts and bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
I made a few changes to make these five stars. I increased the Bailey's to milk ratio, making it half a cup each. I increased the brown sugar a tad. I used 1 packet of Starbucks Via for the instant coffee and I used 1/4 cup canola oil instead of the butter. I baked them at 400 for about 15 minutes and they were perfect. Love the powdered sugar on top.
Very good muffins. I love the texture of them I used 1/2 cup melted butter and cut the instant coffee to 3 tsp just right for us. I love the walnuts and powdered icing sugar as a topping. I could taste the richness the baileys added to the muffin. I got 11 nice sized muffins which were baked at 375 for 14 minutes. Made for the Kaffee Klatsch in the cooking photo fourm.