1/2 Photos of Baharat Aka Middle East Mixed Spices - the Real Mix
For anyone who desires an authentic taste of the mid east. This recipe was learned by watching a good friend of mine in Jordan when she was grinding her family's monthly supply.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Basically, just place all the spices except the paprika and nutmeg in a blender or adequate grinder and process until it becomes a powder.
- 2If necessary you can grind 1/2 cup at a time.
- 3Grate the nutmeg and blend this with the paprika into the spices.
- 4Store in an airtight jar.
- 5Generally in some areas, they lightly toast the spices in an oven to bring out more flavor.
- 6You can gain this also by putting the amount you're going to use, on a hot dry frypan and toast it for a few seconds before using.
- 7This not only makes the kitchen smell good, but brings out a richer flavor of any spice.
- 8*Note* You can also use ground spices, but using them whole is the authentic way.
- 9Four nutmegs come to about 1/4 cup ground.
- 10Be careful how much nutmeg you use; it's toxic in large doses.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baharat Aka Middle East Mixed Spices - the Real Mix
Serving Size: 1 (1021 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.6
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 89.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: