Recipe by AZRoxy63
These bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers are UNBELIEVABLY good! You'll love them!
Top Review by Raquel Grinnell
Like you need another 5 star rating.... hahaha! Suffice it to say, everyone has been correct on this recipe. DEFINITELY set aside more time for prep on this one; 30 min. does not cut it. DO follow other reviewers directions; for instance: DO pre-cook the bacon halfway, as it will not crisp properly in the allotted cooking time otherwise. DO add chives or green onions to the cream cheese; it makes a difference! DO mix the cream cheese and cheddar, as the cheddar will melt out otherwise and be gone. DO leave ribs/seeds in if you want any heat at all, as these were so mild my "can't take the heat" daddy scarfed up several with no problems whatsoever. DO cook on a rack as they will be swimming in bacon/cheese grease otherwise. Grilling sounds like a great idea; will try that next time.... possibly freezing little torpedoes of cream/cheddar cheese to stuff jalapenos with as it would most likely melt out otherwise. THESE ARE SOOOO WORTH IT!!!
- 25 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 14 -16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (16 ounce) packages bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut stems off of peppers and cut them all in half longways.
- Remove seeds from peppers.
- Fill each pepper with cream cheese and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Wrap 1/2 slice of bacon around each pepper half.
- Place on baking sheets and place in 450 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked.
- Remove and serve when cooled.
- I always freeze them after they are made for about 20 minutes to a hour before putting them in the oven or on the grill . Doing this will keep the cheese from melting out as much .