Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This best version of Macaroni salad I have ever tasted.
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 10 slices maple flavored bacon
- 4 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk (as needed)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- sliced black olives
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 5 green onions, stalks sliced
- Cook macaroni al dente in salted water.
- dice raw bacon and fry till crispy.
- In a small bowl mix ranch packet, Garlic powder, mayo and milk together.
- Combine rest of ingredients in large bowl.
- chill and serve.
I was a bit confused with the directions. It said 4 tablespoons of ranch dressing, then in the directions it said from the packet. I used the dressing. I was a bit too mayo based, but I know with some cut backs, this would be incredible. Great start. I would cut the mayo to a cup, add 4 tbl spoons of ranch dressing, use real garlic instead of powder, and I added some smoked white cheddar, garlic cheese. I will make this again. Thank you!
Great macaroni salad!! DH loves the boxed ranch flavored Suddenly Salad and this is similar, but ten times better!! Made as written but left out the olives since I didn't have any. This will be my new go to macaroni salad recipe!! Made for Down on the Farm Tag.