Recipe by alligirl
Found thru Pinterest, this is similar to the Tastefully Simple beer bread recipes, with the addition of bacon and cheddar. Tasty, with a nice crust, this takes no time to mix together, and you have great, hot bread in less than 75 minutes. Credit for recipe goes to The Slow Roasted Italian blogspot.
Top Review by rosie316
What a fabulous idea!!! I'm thinking I will make this bread to make my grilled cheese sandwhiches. (I use sliced white cheddar, bacon & thinly sliced Granny Smith apples). This bread will be "perfecto" for them. Can't wait to try!!!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheese (I used Cheddar, but a mixture with Monterey Jack and Colby included would be great)
- 12 ounces beer
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped (1/4 c real bacon bits)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare bread pan by greasing with butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a whisk. Make a well in the center; add bacon, about 3/4 of cheese and beer into the well.
- Stir mixture with a spoon until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared bread pan; add remaining cheese and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes; remove from oven and drizzle remaining butter over the top.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until browned on top and loaf thumps when you tap the top.
- Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool on wire rack. You can brush with more butter if you choose.