Found thru Pinterest, this is similar to the Tastefully Simple beer bread recipes, with the addition of bacon and cheddar. Tasty, with a nice crust, this takes no time to mix together, and you have great, hot bread in less than 75 minutes. Credit for recipe goes to The Slow Roasted Italian blogspot.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheese (I used Cheddar, but a mixture with Monterey Jack and Colby included would be great)
- 12 ounces beer
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped (1/4 c real bacon bits)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare bread pan by greasing with butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a whisk. Make a well in the center; add bacon, about 3/4 of cheese and beer into the well.
- Stir mixture with a spoon until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared bread pan; add remaining cheese and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes; remove from oven and drizzle remaining butter over the top.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until browned on top and loaf thumps when you tap the top.
- Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool on wire rack. You can brush with more butter if you choose.