Recipe by gailanng
Another delicious recipe from Closet Cooking blog. Here's how he describes it: "A buttery and toasty grilled cheese sandwich stuffed with cool and creamy guacamole, crispy bacon and melted jack and cheddar cheese. The crunchy crumbled tortilla chips in this grilled cheese pay tribute to the classic combination of tortilla chips and guacamole dip." Nobody could say it better!
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 slices sourdough bread (other bread types may be used)
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- 1 tablespoon tortilla chips, crumbled (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese onto the unbuttered side of one slice of bread followed by the guacamole, tortilla chips, the remaining cheese and finally top with the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up.
- Grill over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.