This makes a wonderful punch for a baby girl's baby shower or a little girl's party! ---since this has such a wonderful colour it is best served in a large fancy punch bowl and should be served as soon as possible as the scoops of sherbet tend to get soft but don't worry if they melt in the punch it really makes the punch taste even better! --- this takes little time to prepare and is *so* good! If you should decide to add in any ice just make ice cubes out of any extra lemon-lime soda I have little fancy ice cube container shapes that I use just for punch and fancy drinks, if you prepare the ice cubes days in advance and just store them in a ziploc plastic bag it really saves time --- if you are using frozen concentrate lemonade for this recipe you might want to reduce the water amount slightly and increase the sugar amount but this is only optional, you will love this! --- also see my Baby Shower Blue Cloud Punch
- 8 cups prepared sweetened pink lemonade (I just use frozen mixed with water as directed)
- 4 cups carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 2 quarts raspberry sherbet
- lemons (to garnish) or orange slice (to garnish)
- In a large glass punch bowl, mix the lemonade and lemon-lime soda.
- Add in half of the sherbet, and stir well to make frothy.
- Add in small scoops of the remaining well-frozen little sherbet balls.
- And the lemon and/or orange slices (if using).
- Serve immediately.
- NOTE: just a hint, prepare and freeze your sherbet balls very well in the freezer a head of time so they will remain hard in the punch, and not melt as fast, I do this days ahead, and place them in a large plastic freezer container until ready to drop into the punch.
- Also make certain that your lemonade and soda are VERY cold, so you do not have to add any ice to the punch when serving, although of coarse ice may be aded if desired.