- 4 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 lb cooked chicken, cut into strips
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush on side of each pita bread with oil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash the avocado with lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce. Spread over pitas. Layer with chicken, tomato, and cheese. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.