- 16 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, bring enough water to cover asparagus to a boil over medium high heat. Add salt to taste and asparagus and cook 2 to 4 minutes, depending on the size of the asparagus. Be careful not to overcook and bear in mind that they will continue to cook even after they are drained.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a small saucepan to melt. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and nutmeg. Swirl to blend; pour over asparagus and serve.