Prep 4 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Weight Watchers' Five Ingredient Fifteen Minute cookbook (Spring 2008). The recipe calls for boiling the asparagus but really you should cook the asparagus by your preferred method. I prefer to saute my asparagus in a little olive oil and sea salt. Enjoy :)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs asparagus spears
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large skillet and add asparagus.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and place on a serving platter.
- While asparagus cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Add shallots and saute 1 to 2 minutes until soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour balsamic butter over asparagus, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss well.
This is worth 10 stars...,we love loved it...
This was fantastic! I would rate this 10 stars if I could. I made this as a side dish for Thanksgiving dinner and it was a big hit. There were leftovers which I heated in the microwave tonight and it was still excellent. I added sliced almonds as a garnish. Thanks muncheechee for posting. This is a keeper.
Wonderful tasty recipe - we really enjoyed it. It is such an easy recipe that adds to the flavor of the asparagus Will definitely make this again