Recipe by muncheechee
From Weight Watchers' Five Ingredient Fifteen Minute cookbook (Spring 2008). The recipe calls for boiling the asparagus but really you should cook the asparagus by your preferred method. I prefer to saute my asparagus in a little olive oil and sea salt. Enjoy :)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs asparagus spears
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large skillet and add asparagus.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and place on a serving platter.
- While asparagus cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Add shallots and saute 1 to 2 minutes until soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour balsamic butter over asparagus, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss well.