From Weight Watchers' Five Ingredient Fifteen Minute cookbook (Spring 2008). The recipe calls for boiling the asparagus but really you should cook the asparagus by your preferred method. I prefer to saute my asparagus in a little olive oil and sea salt. Enjoy :)
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large skillet and add asparagus.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and place on a serving platter.
- While asparagus cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Add shallots and saute 1 to 2 minutes until soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour balsamic butter over asparagus, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss well.