Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "Dining In"
- vegetable oil or cooking spray
- 1⁄2 scallion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- Coat bottom of pot with oil or cooking spray. Heat over medium-high flame until hot. Add scallions and saute until tender. Add water and next five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add couscous to pan. Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Serve warm.
I thought the flavors in this were great! I will cut back on the cayenne pepper next time. I used 1/4 teaspoon because we usually love the heat but felt that it overpowered the other lovely flavors in this dish. Can't go wrong with more scallions either!
We really enjoyed this couscous I made as per recipe and the zinger was that the DM came back for seconds (a rare event) the flavours were lovely and surprising, thank you brokenburner, made for I Recommend Tag Game and on the recommendation of nemokittyl.
nice couscous to serve with asian meals. We had this with Thai Curry Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry. nice change of pace