Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy recipe from my hand written cards hiding in my recipe box.
- 8 lamb chops
- salt, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, may use chili oil
- 1⁄2 cup sake, can use white wine
- 1 tablespoon scallion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted, for garnish
- Rub chops with garlic and sprinkle salt to taste.
- Heat oil in skillet and add the chops.
- Brown quickly over medium heat on both sides and remove to a serving platter when browned on the outside and pink on the inside.
- Add the sake to the skillet and deglaze it, scraping all the bits from the pan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and add the scallions and ginger and cook a bit longer, stirring.
- Spoon sauce over the chops and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds for garnish.