Recipe by diner524
A great sounding recipe from TOH that I am posting for ZWT 6. The description states: You’ll love the great flavor and easy preparation of Trisha Kruse’s fresh side dish. The Eagle, Idaho cook tosses bright green beans in a sweet sauce with a subtle kick.
Top Review by Boomette
I made half the recipe so only 1 papillote. I used 2 green onions instead of red onion. Next time I'll add more mushrooms. It tastes really good. Thanks Diner :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the beans, onion and mushrooms; toss to coat.
- Place half of the vegetables on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 inches square); fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Repeat with remaining vegetables.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until beans are tender, turning packets over several times to get an even coating of the sauce on all the vegetables. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.