Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Bold and juicy! Adapted from Morgan Robinson, Smoke Open Fire Cooking in Napa, Sunset.
Make and share this Argentine-Style Sausage Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 sandwich buns, such as Mexican bolillos (or torpedo rolls)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 fresh sweet italian-style pork sausage links (not hot)
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sweet smoked spanish paprika
- Mix 1 tablespoons boiling water, the garlic, and chile; let steep 3 minutes. Stir in remaining chimichurri ingredients; season with salt.
- Halve rolls and toast, cut side up, in a 350° oven until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large heavy frying pan over medium heat and add sausages. Cook, covered, turning often, until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Top each with cheese, remove from heat, and cover until cheese melts. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons chimichurri onto roll halves and make a sandwich with sausages. Serve with remaining chimichurri.