Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From BHG. A fool, a traditional English dessert, is strained, pureed fruit folded into whipped cream.
- Combine raisins and liquor or apple cider in a small saucepan, and cook over low heat about 10 minutes or until raisins are warm and softened.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes to cool.
- Drain off any liquid that has not been absorbed.
- Stir together raisins, nuts, and brown sugar; set aside.
- To serve, divide half of the raisin and nut mixture among six stemmed glasses or parfait glasses.
- Layer applesauce and yogurt in glasses, forming two to four layers.
- Top each serving with remaining raisin and nut mixture.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and cinnamon sticks, if desired.