Punky Julster's Note:
From BHG. A fool, a traditional English dessert, is strained, pureed fruit folded into whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine raisins and liquor or apple cider in a small saucepan, and cook over low heat about 10 minutes or until raisins are warm and softened.
- 2Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes to cool.
- 3Drain off any liquid that has not been absorbed.
- 4Stir together raisins, nuts, and brown sugar; set aside.
- 5To serve, divide half of the raisin and nut mixture among six stemmed glasses or parfait glasses.
- 6Layer applesauce and yogurt in glasses, forming two to four layers.
- 7Top each serving with remaining raisin and nut mixture.
- 8Garnish with pomegranate seeds and cinnamon sticks, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applesauce Yogurt Fool
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 38.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g