1/3 Photos of Amy's Beer & Ranch Cheese Ball
3 hrs 15 mins
I came across a recipe for "beer dip" a few years ago that I tweaked to turn into this wonderful cheese ball. It has since become my standard cheese ball, requested at family functions. It's rolled in cheddar cheese, because that's my family's preference-- I'm sure it could be rolled in chipped beef or nuts if you prefer. Cooking time includes time to chill and form the cheese ball.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Reserve one cup of cheese.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients (I use a hand mixer to make sure it's combined well).
- 3Push mixture together in the center of the bowl, making a ball shape, cover bowl, and refrigerate 2 hours or longer.
- 4Place a large strip of plastic wrap on the counter top.
- 5Sprinkle remaining cup of cheese over the center of the plastic wrap.
- 6Place cream cheese mixture in the center of the shredded cheese, and use plastic wrap to mold into a ball.
- 7Roll the ball to completely cover in shredded cheese.
- 8(I often use more than one cup of cheese to completely cover the cheese ball).
- 9Wrap the formed cheese ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate one hour or until serving.
- 10Serve with hearty crackers such as Wheat Thins or Triscuits.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amy's Beer & Ranch Cheese Ball
Serving Size: 1 (992 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2992.6
- Calories from Fat 2413
- Total Fat 268.1 g
- Saturated Fat 159.2 g
- Cholesterol 855.7 mg
- Sodium 3586.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 113.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix