OK, there are tonnes of cookie recipes. But this one was the most perfect biscuit for me! So I have to post it, and keep it so I can make it again!
- 115 g soft butter
- 200 g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 220 g flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or a bit less if your butter is salted)
- 200 g chocolate chips
- 50 g chopped nuts (eg pecans, walnuts, hazlenuts)
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees Celsius.
- Cream butter with sugars.
- Add egg, vanilla and coffee and beat well until combined and creamy.
- Mix slowly flour, soda, bicarb and salt until totally combined.
- Add choc chips and nuts, mix.
- Form into balls (whatever size you like your cookies, I used about a tablespoon, you can use more if you like a bigger cookie). Place on a sheet of baking paper on a cookie tray, spaced well apart as the cookies will spread.
- Bake at 140 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before taking them off the paper as they will harden during this time.
Maybe I didn't have some of the measurements exactly right, but I found these extremely runny. In the oven they melted into super thin puddles. Tasty but look nothing like the pics. For the second batch I added much more flour and they came out better. I think they tasted great I will have to practice with more flour to find out how to get them thicker.
these were a hit in our house. my ss wanted to take them all to school to share. I let him have them in his lunch box till they were finished. He ate them all over a week. Usally he gets board with the same thing over and over. We did use white choc chips as they are his favorite. great recipe. thanks Made for RECIPE SWAP #41 - June 2010 in the Aust/NZ forum
Wow, these are delicious! They make a soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie, just the way I like them! This is now my new go-to recipe for cookies, and with School just around the corner I think I'll make a few batches and freeze them! Made for Aussie Swap :)