Recipe by joytosew
In working with the paleo diet while at the same time keeping cholesterole levels down I have made adjustments to recipes and created my own versions using all paleo ingredients.
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup vegetables, raw (zuchinni, peppers, onions, mushrooms)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice or slice vegetables the way you would like. Lightly saute in coconut oil. Remove vegetables.
- Whisk egg white to fluffy (add almond milk to egg whites if using). Pour eggs into skillet and let bottom firm slightly. Put vegetables into eggs. When partly cooked fold egg over vegetables twice as you roll with your spatula into omelette form.
- Done when eggs are cooked through. Plate and enjoy!
- Note* vegetables are a total 1/2 cup, you will need to select any vegetable you would like to add that is paleo friendly. You can use a mix of vegetables but the 1/2 cup is the most you want to put in the omelette.