Weight Watchers 1pt Pancake Best Ever!
Hey guys! Well, after lots of searching I finally found a recipe for a LARGE, yummy, fluffy, high fiber, filling 1 pt pancake! Here is the recipe: Whole Wheat Apple-Cinna Pancakes This recipe was found at: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122138 It's a great recipe which really does produce fluffy delicious 1pt pancakes
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free buttermilk or 1/2 cup skim milk, with 1/2 tsp lemon juice mixed in
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 teaspoon no-cal artificial sweetener
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Note: Batter will be kinda thick. If it is too thick for you, add a tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle that has been sprayed with non-stick butter flavored cooking spray.
- Spoon two good sized heaping tablespoon fulls of the batter into the skillet per pancake and spread out slightly. Let cook like a regular pancake and then flip, allowing to cook another minuet or so. Serve!
- Per pancake: 67 calories; 2 gm fiber; trace fat (1pt).
- for three pancakes: 202 calories; 6 gm fiber, 1 gm fat (3pts).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
FYI - it's actually coming up as 2 points for 1 pancake, and 5 points for 3 pancakes. I would not call these large, they are pretty small. They are filling however. I added a lot of water to them. In the past, I made pancakes using oatmeal and yogurt which were pretty good and also pretty filling and low. I left out the sweetener. Really doesn't need it.