Vegan, Low Fat "a La Russe" / Olivier Salad
photo by gourmandelle
- Ready In:
- 5 potatoes, red skin
- 2 carrots
- 1⁄2 cup peas (canned, boiled)
- 1⁄2 cup corn (canned, boiled)
- 12 pickles
- 12 red bell peppers, slices pickled
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, cold pressed
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- mayonnaise, vegan low fat (optional)
- *I don't know the exact quantities; add as much as you like. Also, save some for decorating the salad.
- * If you want you can replace the lemon's juice, mustard and oil with mayo.
- Boil the unpeeled potatoes until tender.
- In another pot, boil the carrots until ready.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and chop them in small pieces. Chop the boiled carrot.
- Chop the pickled cucumbers and bell peppers.
- Place chopped veggies, corn and peas in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place 1/3 of a boiled peeled potato in another jar - you'll be using it to make the mayo. Mash the one third of the potato. Place it in a bowl and add olive oil, mustard, 3 tbsp lemon juice and 3 tbsp water. Mix ingredients very well. (skip this if you use mayonnaise).
- Add the mayonnaise made in the steps above over the veggies in the bowl and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with low fat mayo (optional) and decorate as you please.
- *I used an egg to decorate but you can use pickles or bell pepper if you're vegan. The recipe is egg-free.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I started my food blog in order to share with you my knowledge about having a healthy lifestyle. First of all you must know that I don’t fit in any eating-related categories like vegetarian, vegan, raw vegan and so on. I just eat what I consider to be healthy. I am more like a dairy-free vegetarian. On my blog you'll find many delicious and healthy recipes which will help you maintain a balanced diet.</p>