Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Quaker Oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy.
- Add egg, egg whites and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet: remove to wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum! These were perfect. I had a craving for oatmeal raisin cookies tonight, but I am always looking for reduced fat recipes and I came across this one. I underbaked them just a little bit because I love my cookies soft and chewy, but other than that I followed the recipe to a T and loved it. These don't taste healthy, really; they're a perfect cross between lowfat and decadent. Thank you for sharing your modifications! I will use this recipe often.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I really enjoy cooking and finding new recipes.