The Everyday Italian Chicken Parmesan
This is one of my favorite recipes; adapted from Giada DeLaurentis. You can use dried herbs if you must; use about 1/3 of the fresh amounts listed.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Pound the chicken breasts to about 1/4 thickness.
- In a small bowl, stir the oil and herbs to blend.
- Brush both sides of the chicken with the blended oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven-proof pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook until just brown, about 2 minutes per side. Chicken should be nearly cooked through.
- Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the spaghetti sauce over the chicken, top with mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Dot the tops with butter pieces, and bake until the cheese melts and the chicken is cooked through; about 5 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation