Steamed Spareribs With Black Bean Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork spareribs, cut into 1-inch lengths (have your butcher do this!)
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1/4 cup rice wine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fermented black beans, rinsed and mashed (dow see)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste or 1 tablespoon hot bean paste
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 green onions
- 1 green pepper, cut into julienne strips
- Blanch the spareribs in boiling water for 3 minutes then drain.
- Brown the spareribs in a wok and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add all of the rest of the ingredients except the bellpepper and green onions to bowl.
- Mix well then add the pepper and onion.
- Place in a steaming dish and steam for 90 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!