Spicy Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummous
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Israel has a zillion versions of hummous, but this is one version I could only find in the States. This was developed over trial and error (and lots of searching for recipes) until I got it just right.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 3 lbs cooked garbanzo beans, soaked overnight
- 2 cups water, from cooking garbanzo beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1⁄3 lb roasted red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sea salt
- Boil the garbanzo beans till very well done.
- This could take up to 2 hours.
- Drain the water, saving 2 cups for later.
- Place the beans in a food processor.
- Blend to a smooth consistency, adding the lemon juice and tahini a little at a time.
- Add the roasted red peppers, onions, garlic and spices (don't forget the salt).
- Check the thickness of the hummous.
- If it's too thick for it to properly blend, then add a little garbanzo water at a time, until it's reached the thickness you prefer.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl.
- Mix in the chopped parsley in with a wire whisk.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION