Spiced Potato Crisps
A spicy snack that is so addictive!
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Soak potatoes in ice-cold water for 5 minutes.
- Drain and dry thoroughly.
- In bowl, combine oil, turmeric, cumin, coriander and cayenne.
- Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- Arrange potatoes on baking sheet, bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Turn potatoes over and return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very good spicy potatoes, Ev, & so low-fat too. I didn't make them, but we had the pleasure of having them served to us in Dallas while visiting *SusieQusie* last mo. I felt the need for more salt in the spice mix, but that is usual for me & falls more into the pers pref category. DH did not agree, btw. Thx to you (& SQ) for sharing your recipe w/us. :-)
If potatoes can be referred to as _pretty_ these were. The combination of spices lent a curryish smell and flavor while the cayenne provided the bite. I used scrubbed, unpeeled Yukon golds sliced thinner than called for and achieved a fairly good crunch. Since they were thin slices, mine obviously baked faster - about 15 minutes per side. As a bonus, the tossing with the spices left my nails a glorious yellow. ;-) If that is not your color, I suggest wearing gloves or combining everything in a plastic bag. Thanks for sharing your recipe!